The ICGU Corporate Governance (CG) Awards
The ICGU Corporate Governance (CG) Awards recognize organizations with outstanding achievements in the governance, risk and compliance fields in Uganda. The ICGU CG Awards play an important role in encouraging improvements in the quality of CG, while reflecting changing attitudes and expectations among shareholders, investors and other stakeholders. ICGU leadership understands the best way to help corporate entities, government and the economy at large is to recognize entities that practice and demonstrate corporate governance best practices.
A transparent, free and fair CG Awards process is critical to the long-term success of ICGU and the sponsors, Grant Thornton and all partners. The ICGU CG Awards Judges’ Committee is solely responsible for selecting winners. The judges’ decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
To be eligible for the ICGU CG Awards 2018, Nominees must;
- Be a legal entity duly registered in Uganda, with a physical office and at least twenty (20) employees on full time basis.
- Have a Board of directors and minutes of Board meetings for at least 2 years.
- Have approved policy (policies) that address corporate strategy, and risk management framework or the equivalent.
- Be tax compliant at minimum.
- Nominations MUST be submitted by each entity in only one category
In order for the nomination to be considered, materials submitted in support of the nominations must relate to activities that took place between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2017.
Each applicant will be obliged to the following in applying for Entry to be considered for any of the Awards:
The following will be required in the Application;
- Filling of the Application Form (available online) at cgawards.icgu.org/nominate
- Forms must be completed in English language only.
- Attach copies of annual reports for last two years.
- Attach acceptance letter signed by the Authorised Signatory to participate in the ICGU CG Awards 2018.